Monday 31 March 2014

01.04.14
Rationale


My theme for this assignment was first dates at the movies, aimed at an audience aged 18-25. Across all spreads I used a motif of a couple together to illustrate my theme. My 3 communication points are what food is available, the price and overall movie selection. For the Roxy cinema I used pattern inspired from the art deco architecture and colours from the exterior of the building, creating a dynamic composition that draws the viewer from left to right they are settled on the simplicity of the information. For the lighthouse cinema I used pattern inspired from the modern architecture of the building as well as the furniture they have inside, I was aiming to communicate cosy and sophisticated, I feel the shapes and colours do this however composition needed more work. For reading cinema I used a pattern I believed to communicate the energy and boldness associated with reading cinema. Across the 3 main spreads I used visual imagery drawn from my own photographs that represented the type of food that site had while keeping the theme of dating. In terms of m design process, I’ve learnt that artist models are a very important part that must not be overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment